Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Stop-Motion Character Animation


Windows Movie Maker kept cutting out the end of the clip for some reason. She makes a small gesture with one of her hands at the end. I uploaded it as a *.gif file here.

I had different ideas for my stop motion such as using a unicorn plush doll or the girl figurine walking down a pathway. It ended up being too complicated for me to figure out how to keep the figurine standing up straight and the plush doll couldn't be kept up straight and was hardly poseable. So, I had to find ways of simplifying my idea and figuring out what I can do. Posing this figure felt difficult because she had limits on what she can do. What I was aiming for was having her arms sway outwards and inwards idly then tuck her hands behind her back while glancing around. I took photos each time I moved her limbs. She kept slipping from time to time...

I feel like I should have taken the option of using clay instead.

1 comment:

  1. Believability & Accuracy: 8 of 12 points
    Creativity: 5 of 8 points
    Total: 13 of 20 points

    ReplyDelete